Uses for Dental Crowns
Popularly known as "caps," dental crowns are a dentistry solution that fully encapsulates the tooth. They can also act as replacement teeth. Dental crowns enjoy a diverse set of cosmetic and restorative applications.
A crowning procedure at our Warsaw practice can:
- Strengthen and protect after suffering cracks or fractures
- Reinforce a large filling
- Add height to a tooth that is sufficiently worn down
- Protect a tooth weakened due to any cause
- Hold a dental bridge, used to replace a missing tooth, in place
- Top a dental implant used to replace a missing tooth
- Serve as the final step in a root canal to ensure support and aesthetics
Dental crowns not only improve the health of compromised teeth but also effectively protect against future wear and tear. Crowns are often combined with dental bridges, a prosthetic made up of a replacement tooth anchored by two adjacent crowns.
A number of cosmetic imperfections can be concealed using a crown, including:
- Encapsulate an excessively small or misshapen tooth
- Improve the look of a severely darkened or discolored tooth
- Close significant gaps
Though dental crowns may be constructed using a number of materials, Dental Solutions' use of all-porcelain crowns provides a superior cosmetic result. In addition to restoring full functionality, these crowns blend seamlessly into your smile, meaning the only one that will be noticing your new prosthetic is you. The placement of dental crowns can also be combined with additional cosmetic treatments, such as whitening, to enhance final results.
It can take up to two weeks to create a custom crown, but we can provide a temporary crown in the meantime.
Schedule an Examination Today
No one should have to live with the compromised quality of life that results from an incomplete smile. At Dental Solutions, serving Warsaw and surrounding communities, we believe each of our patients deserves a smile they can be confident with. By providing high quality, lasting dental crowns, coupled with our excellent customer service, we are confident our guests are treated to an enjoyable dental experience from start to finish.
Commit to improved and lasting oral health. To learn more about our available services or meet with one of our experienced, dedicated dentists, contact our office today.