Are You a Candidate for Tooth Reshaping?
You may be a candidate for tooth reshaping if you have issues such as:
- Chipped teeth
- Uneven edges
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Slightly overlapping teeth
- Grooves in your dental enamel
To qualify for dental contouring, you should have structurally healthy teeth. Decay and other problems can make you ineligible for treatment. However, after appropriate restorative care, you may be able to undergo tooth reshaping.
The Tooth Reshaping Procedure
Before tooth reshaping, Dr. Stofer will carefully plan your procedure. After examining your teeth, your dentist will discuss your goals as well as your dental health history. Your dentist will also take x-rays. With these images, he can measure the thickness of your dental enamel and avoid disturbing the soft inner pulp of the tooth.
Dental contouring can transform your smile and greatly enhance your appearance.
Tooth reshaping is a minimally invasive treatment. Therefore, you will not usually require local anesthesia. Dr. Stofer will use a pencil to mark the new contours of your teeth before carefully trimming your dental enamel. Your dentist will work conservatively, and he will remove just a fraction of a millimeter of material. Your practitioner may also smooth the sides of your teeth, particularly if they are slightly overlapping. When he is finished, your dentist will polish your teeth.
Benefits of Tooth Reshaping
There are several reasons to consider tooth reshaping:
- Minimally invasive: Dental contouring is conservative, and it does not typically require local anesthesia. In addition, the gentle treatment will not weaken your teeth or affect the deep layers of dental tissue.
- Efficient: In most cases, our dentists can complete tooth reshaping in a single visit. In a few instances, however, you may need to come in one or two more times for treatment.
- Affordable: Because dental contouring is simple and efficient, it is cost effective.
- Improved oral health: Tooth reshaping is primarily a cosmetic procedure. Nevertheless, if your uneven teeth are affecting the force of your bite, the treatment can also improve your dental wellness. Dental contouring can redistribute the pressure along your dental arches. In turn, this can reduce your risk for TMJ disorder and related problems.
- Dramatic cosmetic results: Although our dentists take a conservative approach, dental contouring can totally transform your smile. After treatment, your smile will look healthier, more even, and, in many cases, years younger.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
Tooth reshaping deals with making small changes to your teeth, but can make a big difference to your appearance. To learn more about tooth reshaping and to find out if it is right for you, contact Dental Solutions and book an appointment.