Are Veneers and Instant Orthodontics Right for Me?
By William Stofer on January 22, 2013
Have you been told that you are in need of orthodontic treatment? Are you hesitant to commit to the lengthy treatment process that is required for braces, retainers or invisible aligners? If so, instant orthodontics may be a good alternative for you. At Dental Solutions, our Warsaw cosmetic dentists can examine your teeth to let you know if you qualify for instant orthodontics treatment. If you make a good candidate for instant orthodontics, our dentists can apply porcelain veneers to make aesthetic improvements to teeth that are crooked, overcrowded, or gapped.
As with all dental treatments, it is important to consider all aspects of instant orthodontics before deciding whether it is the right choice for you. These are some important facts that should be considered when our Warsaw patients are contemplating instant orthodontics treatment with porcelain veneers.
- Porcelain veneers offer a complete cosmetic makeover for your teeth, improving the shape, size, color, and alignment of the teeth.
- Porcelain veneers do not physically shift your teeth or correct alignment or spacing issues. They are a cosmetic cover-up that improves the appearance of the smile only.
- Porcelain veneers are fabricated from thin, but strong, layers of porcelain. On average, veneers will last for ten years before needing to be replaced.
- Porcelain veneers may not be a good choice for patients with bruxism (teeth grinding) or those who are nail biters because the veneers will wear out more quickly when exposed to constant pressure.
- Porcelain veneers are fabricated for each individual patient so that every aspect of the veneer (shape, color, and size) can be customized to complement your smile and facial features.
- Porcelain veneers should be brushed and flossed regularly, just as your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers fit closely to the teeth and are not felt by patients once they are placed.
- Porcelain veneers require the removal of a minimal amount of tooth enamel for placement to be successful so it is considered an irreversible dental treatment.
- Porcelain veneers only require two appointments for treatment to be complete. Even after your first appointment, temporary veneers will be placed so your smile will be improved instantly.
If, having considered all of these facts, instant orthodontics seems like the right treatment option, our dentists can give patients a realistic idea of how porcelain veneers will improve the aesthetics of the smile. Our dentists can produce a diagnostic wax up or create digital images to give patients an accurate representation of how the smile will appear after instant orthodontics treatment. For our patients in Warsaw, porcelain veneers can drastically alter the appearance of the teeth, giving patients the smile they’ve desired.
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to improve the appearance of crooked teeth without the use of traditional orthodontic treatments, schedule an appointment with one of our dentists at Dental Solutions. We can answer any questions you may have about instant orthodontics and show you how your smile can be improved with porcelain veneers. We look forward to meeting you!
Related to This
"I didn't have Bill S. This time. I had the new doctor and he did a great job. I would recommend him 100 times over! "Dianna J.