Who Can Benefit from the Aesthetic Improvement of Porcelain Veneers?
By William Stofer on May 23, 2014
Everyone knows that it is important to keep the teeth healthy, but what most people are really interested in is how to keep the teeth beautiful. When people talk, laugh, and smile, they want others to see a smile that is white, straight, even, and attractive. Basically, most people would love to have a “perfect” smile. However, few are born with a perfect smile and aging, wear, and tear make it even more difficult to maintain a perfect smile. Fortunately, that ideal smile may be achieved with a little professional help. At Dental Solutions, our cosmetic dentists offer treatments to enhance the appearance of the teeth and erase or conceal blemishes and imperfections. The most versatile of these treatments is porcelain veneers, dental fabrications that adhere to the visible surface of the teeth to create a uniform and attractive smile. For our Warsaw patients who are porcelain veneer candidates, this procedure can be the ideal solution for a smile that is less than perfect.
Most of the cosmetic flaws that are present on the teeth can be addressed with porcelain veneers treatment. Because they cover the entire visible surface of the teeth, veneers conceal a multitude of blemishes and imperfections. Patients with any combination of the following concerns are possible candidates for porcelain veneers treatment:
- Improper spacing (either overcrowded or gapped teeth)
- Crooked or twisted teeth
- Teeth that have become discolored or stained
- Teeth with chips or cracks
- Teeth that are poorly shaped
- Teeth that are uneven in size
- A smile that is asymmetrical
Porcelain veneers have a wide range of applications, which make them an appealing option for many of our patients. However, the following factors must be met in order to make a patient a good candidate for treatment:
- First, the patient must have healthy teeth and gums. Porcelain veneers are attached to the surface of the teeth so if any restorative work were to become necessary, the veneers would have to be removed. This is why it is important to address any present oral health problems before porcelain veneer treatment can be performed.
- Secondly, patients must have a significant amount of healthy tooth enamel. In order to create a natural-looking and comfortable fit, a very small amount of tooth enamel is removed before placing veneers. Because of this, the patient must have enough enamel present.
- Lastly, the patient must understand and accept that porcelain veneers are an irreversible treatment. Because of the alterations made to the teeth, they will always need veneers in place. This means that, if the veneers were to become damaged or worn down, new veneers would need to be applied.
For those who are considered ideal candidates, porcelain veneers offer patients the opportunity to achieve the flawless smile that is so desirable.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are someone who is unhappy with the appearance of your smile, there is hope for improvement. Porcelain veneers can improve the color, shape, and size of your teeth, all while concealing cosmetic flaws. To learn more, schedule an appointment with one of our experienced cosmetic dentists at Dental Solutions. We look forward to helping you create your ideal smile!
Related to This
"I didn't have Bill S. This time. I had the new doctor and he did a great job. I would recommend him 100 times over! "Dianna J.